1. I already made my payment but I can't download the ticket, I don't know how to do it:
R:Dear user, we inform you that you can verify your codes through the "retrieve your pass" section, you must enter the passport number individually and there you can download your QR code. We are at your service.
2. Will clients be able to access this at Cancun Airport?
R: Dear user, at the moment the payment can only be made through the portal www.visitax.gob.mx, the VISITAX payment modules will be placed soon so that you can also make your payment in cash before your departure.
3. Does the VISITAX apply to Cozumel?
R: Dear user, the payment of Use and Exploitation of public domain goods must be paid by all foreign tourists who visit Quintana Roo, regardless of their way of departure.
4. The exact amount is $241.00 Mexican Pesos (approx 10.67 USD at today`s Exchange rate)? Or just 10 usd?
R: There are 2.5 UMAS, each UMA has a value of 96.22 MXN, resulting in 241MXN, the value of the UMA is updated once a year in the month of February.
5. There is no Adult/Child rate. - I understand that the same rate applies to both Adult & Child however, do all children regardless of their age pay? What about infants?
R: Dear user, all foreign tourists over 4 years of age must pay for this use.
6. Passengers can pay on line before or during their trip, they can access the link on their phones. If they have wifi they can do this at the airport. Do Cancun & Cozumel Airports offer free WIFI?
R: The payment of this use can be made prior to the trip, during the stay or prior to departure. Payment can be made through the visitax.gob.mx portal and can be accessed from any mobile device, computer or tablet. As for WIFI, you would have to check if the airport terminal where you leave has the free service.
7. After completing payment, how long will passenger information be stored on the website. What is the process to log in to present information?
R: Payment information and the ability to re-download your QR code voucher will be available at least one year after your departure date.
8. Can you confirm which credit/debit cards are accepted for payment?
R: Dear user, at the moment all cards supported by the following brands will be accepted:
9. When the kiosks are going to be up and running in the airport? If not, can we have an update on this please?
R: Dear user, at the moment the payment can only be made through the portal www.visitax.gob.mx, the VISITAX payment modules will be placed soon so that you can also make your payment in cash before your departure
10. Are you working on making the website secure? Right now a pop up shows that the site for payment is not secure.
R: Dear user, the Security certificate (SSL) was installed and activated on Wednesday, April 7, 2021 and the "page not secure" message no longer appears, so you can continue the procedure normally without any problem of filtering your data personal information.
11. Does this tax apply to new bookings or all existing passengers travelling effective April 1st onward?
R: Dear user, this use must be paid by all foreign travelers who enter the State as tourists.